How often do you buy a garment because you love the color or liked the way it looked on a model or a friend?
But then when you wear it, instead of compliments you get questions about whether you’re tired or sick. This could very well be the result of color choices you’re making. Learning your best colors is an investment that will quickly pay off.
Color analysis is a process of determining the most favorable colors for you based on the unique pigmentation in your skin, hair, and eyes. Many color analysis systems use a seasonal categorization; however, the system that I use, Essential Colors, uses nature’s five elements: water, wood, fire, earth, and metal to develop color harmonies, or palettes.
Each palette takes into account various aspects of color including brightness and color temperature (warm or cool). In addition, the contrasts and colors within each palette will be consistent with those of the wearer. The most unique aspect, though, of an Essential Colors analysis is that the analysis considers your personality or essence as well.
The greatest benefit of color analysis is learning the best range of colors for your unique appearance. Your optimal colors complement your face showing you in the best light to those around you. Practical advantages may include:
- Fewer impulse purchases that end up not working for you.
- More coordinated wardrobe and accessories (everything goes together better rather than having multiple individual outfits).
- Using color analysis as a foundation for a capsule wardrobe.
How It Works
- Once we’ve confirmed an appointment date, time, and location, you’ll complete an intake form. When meeting we’ll discuss your responses on the form and more details about your life and lifestyle.
- We’ll “warm up” by having you review some images and text that will better help me to understand your personality and level of comfort with different colors and styles.
- I’ll set up color-corrected lamps to provide us with the best environment to assess your coloring. Using various tools, we’ll categorize your natural pigments (hair, skin, eyes, and contrast) and from there pinpoint your ideal color range.
- You’ll get a palette, custom case, and instructions on maintenance. We’ll discuss palette maintenance and guidelines for shopping with it.
- To get you started with the process, we’ll compare your palette with selections from your current wardrobe to help you to understand how subtle variations can make a big difference in how you look.
$175 for a 90-minute appointment in your home (or location of choice) and a palette with approximately 60 fabric swatches with a custom case